This Policy explains when and why we collect personal information about people who visit our website, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others and how we keep it secure.
Who are we?
We are GBS Architectural Limited of 28 Beaford Grove, London SW20 9LB.
We are a registered company (Reg. no. 07329997) and our registered office is at the above address.
We are the Data Controller of this website. We have appointed Dawn Lyons the Office Manager of GBS Architectural Limited, as the Data Protection Officer of GBS Architectural Limited. The Data Protection Officer can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post at: GBS Architectural Limited, Lombard Business Park, 8 Lombard Road, Wimbledon. SW19 3TZ
How do we collect information from you?
We obtain information about you when you use our website, for example, when you contact us about products and services or if you register to receive one of our newsletters.
We also collect and store information about you that you supply to us as part of your membership of one of our clubs.
What type of information is collected from you?
The personal information we collect might include your name, address, email address, date of birth, staff number, IP address, and information regarding what pages are accessed and when. If you make an online purchase from us, your card information is not held by us, it is collected by our third party payment processors, who specialise in the secure online capture and processing of credit/debit card transactions, as explained below.
How is your information used?
We use your personal data for the following purposes in line with our legitimate interests to administer the site and to interact with you when you request products and services. We may use your information to:
- process orders that you have submitted;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into by you and us, including your membership;
- dealing with entries into a competition;
- seek your views or comments on the services we provide;
- notify you of changes to our services;
- send you communications which you have requested and that may be of interest to you. These may include information about products, services, campaigns, promotions of any of any associated companies goods and services;
- process a grant or job application.
We may also use your personal data:
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented (where appropriate) to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us. Please note that if you refuse to provide us with your personal data for this purpose, we might not be able to fulfil our contracts with you.
We review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis.
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with us. We may store details of lapsed memberships for the purposes of re-recruiting.
Who has access to your information?
We will not sell or rent your information to third parties.
We will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
Third Party Service Providers working on our behalf: We may pass your information to our third party service providers, agents subcontractors and other associated organisations for the purposes of completing tasks and providing services to you on our behalf (for example to send you mailings).
However, when we use third party service providers, we disclose only the personal information that is necessary to deliver the service and we have a contract in place that requires them to keep your information secure and not to use it for their own direct marketing purposes. Please be reassured that we will not release your information to third parties for them to use for their own direct marketing purposes, unless you have requested us to do so, or we are required to do so by law, for example, by a court order or for the purposes of prevention of fraud or other crime.
You have a choice about whether or not you wish to receive information from us. If you do not want to receive direct marketing communications from us, then you can select your choices by ticking the relevant boxes situated on the form on which we collect your information.
We will not contact you for marketing purposes by email, phone or text message unless you have given your prior consent. We will not contact you for marketing purposes by post if you have indicated that you do not wish to be contacted. You can change your marketing preferences at any time by contacting us by email: email@example.com or telephone on +44 (0) 203 384 9464
How you can access and update your information
The accuracy of your information is important to us. We’re working on ways to make it easier for you to review and correct the information that we hold about you. In the meantime, if you change email address, or any of the other information we hold is inaccurate or out of date, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone on +44 (0) 203 384 9464 or write to us at: GBS Architectural Limited, Lombard Business Park, 8 Lombard Road, Wimbledon. SW19 3TZ.
You have the right to ask for a copy of the information BA Clubs Limited hold about you.
You have various rights in respect of the personal data we hold about you – these are set out in more detail below. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact email@example.com
- Right to object: You can object to our processing of your personal data. Please contact us as noted above, providing details of your objection.
- Access to your personal data: You can request access to a copy of your personal data that we hold, along with information on what personal data we use, why we use it, who we share it with, how long we keep it for and whether it has been used for any automated decision-making. We reserve the right to charge you a fee, or to refuse to respond to it, if your request is manifestly unfounded or excessive. We may also charge you a reasonable administration fee if you request further copies.
- Right to withdraw consent: If you have given us your consent to use your personal data – for example, to send you marketing e-mails – you can withdraw your consent at any time, including by clicking the “unsubscribe” link in any marketing e-mail which you receive or by contacting us as at the e-mail address noted above. Please note that where you withdraw your consent, this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing we conducted pursuant to that consent prior to its withdrawal.
- Rectification: You can ask us to change or complete any inaccurate or incomplete personal data held about you.
- Erasure: You can ask us to delete your personal data in certain circumstances, for example where it is no longer necessary for us to use it, you have withdrawn consent, or where we have no lawful basis for keeping it.
- Portability: You can ask us to provide you or a third party with some of the personal data that we hold about you in a structured, commonly used, electronic form, so it can be easily transferred.
- Restriction: You can ask us to restrict the personal data we use about you in certain circumstances, for example, where you have asked for it to be erased or where you have objected to our use of it.
- Automated decision-making: Automated decision-making takes place when an electronic system uses personal data to make a decision without human intervention. You have the right not to be subject to solely automated decisions that will create legal effects or have a similar significant impact on you, unless you have given us your consent, it is necessary for a contract between you and us or is otherwise permitted by law. You also have certain rights to challenge decisions made about you. We do not currently carry out any solely automated decision-making.
Please note, some of these rights only apply in certain circumstances and we may not be able to fulfil every request. If we receive a request from you to exercise any of the above rights, we may ask you to verify your identity before acting on the request; this is to ensure that your personal data is protected and kept secure.
Security precautions in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of your information
When you give us personal information, we take steps to ensure that it’s treated securely. Any sensitive information (such as credit or debit card details) is encrypted and protected with the following software 128 Bit encryption on SSL. When you are on a secure page, a lock icon will appear on the bottom of web browsers such as Microsoft Internet Explorer.
Non-sensitive details (your email address etc.) are transmitted normally over the Internet, and this can never be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your information, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems. Where we have given (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our websites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
We may analyse your personal information to create a profile of your interests and preferences so that we can contact you with information relevant to you. We may make use of additional information about you when it is available from external sources to help us do this effectively. We may also use your personal information to detect and reduce fraud and credit risk.
We shall conduct our profiling of your preference in line with our legitimate interests in improving our service and business to you. We shall conduct credit and fraud profiling of you under our legitimate interests to protect our business and, where appropriate, in order to prevent unlawful acts or to fulfil our regulatory obligations.
We may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
Links to other websites
In addition, if you linked to our website from a third party site, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners and operators of that third party site and recommend that you check the policy of that third party site.
16 or Under
We are concerned to protect the privacy of children aged 16 or under. If you are aged 16 or under‚ please get your parent/guardian’s permission beforehand whenever you provide us with personal information.
Transferring your information outside of Europe
As part of the services offered to you through this website, the information which you provide to us may be transferred to countries outside the European Union (“EU”). By way of example, this may happen if any of our servers are from time to time located in a country outside of the EU. These countries may not have similar data protection laws to the UK. By submitting your personal data, you’re agreeing to this transfer, storing or processing. If we transfer your information outside of the EU in this way, we will take steps to ensure that appropriate security measures are taken with the aim of ensuring that your privacy rights continue to be protected as outlined in this Policy.
If you use our services while you are outside the EU, your information may be transferred outside the EU in order to provide you with those services.
Our web site may also use a web site recording service that may record mouse clicks, mouse movements, page scrolling and any text keyed into website forms. The information collected does not include bank details or any sensitive personal data. Data collected in this way is for internal use only. Any information collected by us in this way would be used to improve our website usability and may be stored and used for aggregated and statistical reporting.
Any queries or comments about this policy, or complaints, should be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to:
GBS Architectural Limited
Lombard Business Park
8 Lombard Road
Review of this Policy
We keep this Policy under regular review. This Policy was last updated in May 2018.
Right to Complain
If You have any complaints in relation to this Policy, you have a right to raise these with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office. This can be done via their website (https://ico.org.uk/), or via their helpline on 0303 123 1113.